October 19, 2012, 9 pm ET Update: FDA has announced that “Biennial registration renewal for food facilities will begin at 12:01 a.m. on October 22, 2012. At that time, the system will be accepting food facility registration renewals.” After many months of discussion and a few weeks of delay, FDA seems ready to get the ball rolling on renewals for all those registrations submitted over the past nine years or so.
- October 22, 2012, 10:20 am ET Update: despite all this, statutory mandates, and more than a year to get ready, FDA’s site is still not ready. It grinds for a few minutes then times out. The system is not useable as of today.
- October 22, 2012, 1:50 pm ET Update: broken.
- October 22, 2012, 11:33 pm ET Update: broken. Different computer, same result. Is it only me? FDA is not in a strong position to press others to adhere to various deadlines when FDA does not meet deadlines.
- October 23, 2012, 8:55 am ET Update: broken. When will FDA fix or explain this problem? This more or less ignores the problem.
- October 23, 2012, 9 pm ET Update: finally it seems to be working fairly smoothly.